Thursday, August 14, 2008

Process


What this photo shows is how I like to focus on drawing one panel at a time. This allows me to give each panel undivided attention. After the panel is finished I cut it out and tape it onto a piece of typing paper. Doing my panels separately and uniform also allows me to edit my comics like a movie. A linear time line that I can utilize to add or drop as many panels as I like. Doing panels separately also frees me up so I can take more breaks. If I'm working on one panel or a whole page, I cannot stop until the job is done, so doing the panels separately allows me to free my mind from the "get the whole page done" syndrome. After that I store the comics in a folder so I can read my artwork like it will read when it's published.

No comments:

Post a Comment