Friday, April 20, 2012



Tae Kwon Do from Aron Steinke on Vimeo.

This is a film I made right out of film school. I made it the traditonal way with painted cels and shot it on 35 mm. It was made for a contest an apparel company was sponsoring. I didn't win the 10 K. Instead I got a measly gift certificate. In retrospect I wish I had edited the film. I wish I had done a real film about something else and not an advertisement for some stupid company. BUT!! This was a huge learning experience. Negating all the bad stuff, some of my animation is really good. I feel like I show a pretty good understanding of the moving human body. But why the hell didn't I draw mouths on the characters. Oy vey! Anyway, It's been 8 years since I've done any animation and I feel like if I were to go back to it I'd certainly produce something of quality. Maybe in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment