Friday, July 30, 2021

Big Plans #6: A CAUTIONARY TALE

Before Mr. Wolf's Class, I spent years writing and drawing my autobiographical comic series BIG PLANS. These were personal stories and generally not appropriate for kids. When I became a teacher I continued that autobiographical tradition, only drawing myself as a wolf, instead of a human. The stories also became much more kid friendly, because my audience was changing and growing in that direction, toward younger readers. I recently spent a week struggling with a health condition and here is an all-ages comic I made about the experience. It was really liberating to make a comic that I could just play around with. I made each panel on individual sheets of notepad paper with pen and blue pencil. I scanned them afterward and placed the black panel borders over the art as an overlay. Here it is: 
















No comments:

Post a Comment