Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Full of myself




When I was putting the finishing touches on Big Plans #1, back in 2006 I fumbled around with an introduction. I have to thank my wife for strongly suggesting I not include this introduction. I'm so glad I listened to her. Yeesh... And then sad thing is that I really believed these words.

The thing I do notice that I really like about these comics, however, was a text technique I was working on. You can see on the fourth page... I felt that if you varied the text weight from balloon to balloon it would make certain phrases stand out, and over all makes the mundane act of reading text more engaging and readable. I'm trying to incorporate this into my current work more consciously. I am working on a "big" book. I won't be posting anything here until I have a chapter or two done first. Until then, I promise I'll have more Bozo the Teacher comics for you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment